Responsible for performing assigned activities and functions related to accounting and financial reporting. This includes, but is not limited to, preparing and posting journal entries, performing periodic reconciliations of assigned accounts, and participating in the month-end close process. Works collaboratively with the assigned entity’s leadership (e.g. CFO, staff, and departmental leaders) to execute assigned accounting and financial reporting tasks. Maintains strict confidentiality with all patient, employee, and company information.
1. Prepares and posts journal entries relating to the assigned entity’s business. This may include, but is not limited to, accounting for Revenue Cycle; contractual allowances and bad debts; allocations; leases; and physician guarantees.
2. Performs periodic reconciliations of assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts in accordance with Piedmont Healthcare policies and procedures.
3. Supports the month-end close process including the financial statements and ad hoc reports covering the financial operation of the assigned entity.
4. Completes and maintains information for governmental, industry, and regulatory filings.
5. Participates in preparing work for both internal and external audit requests.
6. Maintains key relationships with the assigned entity’s Finance staff or the corporate function’s representatives to ensure integration and alignment with policies, procedures, and strategies.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Proficient in windows-based computer software
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management, or business related field is required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three years of work experience in an Accounting role.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Possesses an understanding of the role of a centralized Accounting function and its interdependencies with other processes and stakeholders. Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels. Demonstrates strong problem solving, project management, teamwork, and organizational skills.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.